It's a short week this week. Remember, Thursday is our party from 10:30 - 11:30. It's an early-release day with pick-up at 12:15. You may sign your child out before 12:15, if necessary.
* This week there will be no new words in Spalding or Spelling, but students will use List 16 for creative writing and Super Sentences.
* In Grammar, we're learning about comparison adjectives and usage of the comma.
* In Reading, we are finishing up our Book Studies and watching the corresponding movies.
* In Math, we are comparing FRACTIONS (Lesson 56) and solving word problems relating to RATE (Lesson 57).
* In Science, we are continuing readings and discussions involving Erosion.
* In Social Studies, students will take a short Quiz on Unit 1 Lesson 5.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WINTER BREAK WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!
- Winter Concert - Tuesday, December 5th. Please check your child's folder for more information. This is a required event for all PRA students.
- Field trip information will be coming home this week. Please read over all of the important information and send it back as soon as possible.
Spalding - Enter list 15 in spelling notebook and test on list 14. Objectives include word work, noun plurals, possession, past tense action verbs, and suffixes.
Language Arts/Writing - Response to literature continued from last week. Grammar objectives include: diagram compound subjects and predicates, predicate nominatives, nominative and possessive nouns.
Reading - Students will read selections and recognize common themes in literature. Narrative Elements study guide and test, Book study continued in individual classrooms.
Math - Objectives will include: decimals, percents, and word problems with equal groups. Saxon test 9 and Galileo test 9.
Science - Ecosystems and changes in earth's atmosphere.
Social Studies - Arizona history readings, homework and practice, quiz.