-Friday is spirit day and our last assembly.
-Unit test on Tuesday for Social Studies Unit 3
-Book Reports are due on the 11th and we will have children present the following week.
-Book logs are due on the 18th.
-There will be a poem for the month of May, students choice. Students may not pick one they have already done.
Spalding- This week we will be testing on list 30 and working with review list 1. We will do our last 70 phonogram test and Morrison and Mcall test.
Language Arts- We will be going over Grammar Lessons 97-100 and have a test Friday.
Reading- We will be working on the different parts of a book, and continue with our book studies.
Math- We have test 20 on Monday. We will also go through lessons 106-109.
Science- we will finish up our technology unit this week and be working on a technology project in class.
Social Studies- Unit 3 exam is on Tuesday. We will start unit 4 lesson 1 this week.
* Thank you for all of your support and contributions with the Penny War Fundraiser. The students really enjoyed that challenge.
*Remember these dates: April 26/27 - poem selection recitations; April 27th - last day for Box Tops; May 11th - Mystery Book Report; May 14-18 - Mystery Book Bag Presentations; May 17/18 - Poem Selection Recitation; May 18th - Reading Log
Our Learning This Week
* In Spalding this week, we will enter List 30 and be tested on List 29.
* In Language, we are completing Grammar lessons 94-96 and taking a grammar test on Thursday.
* In Reading, we will read and discuss the Pony Express and will study Primary and Secondary Sources.
*In Math, we will work on Lessons 102 (tenths and hundredths), 104 (changing improper fractions to whole or mixed numbers), and 105 (dividing by 10).
* In Science, we will be reading and discussing various Science and Technology passages all week.
* In Social Studies, we will continue to learn about AZ after WWII (Unit 3 Lesson 4). There will be a Study Guide for Unit 3 (AZ Statehood) in preparation for a Unit Test next Tuesday.