It's a short week this week. Remember, Thursday is our party from 10:30 - 11:30. It's an early-release day with pick-up at 12:15. You may sign your child out before 12:15, if necessary.
* This week there will be no new words in Spalding or Spelling. We will be working on our rule pages.
* In Grammar, we're learning about PREDICATE NOMINATIVE (Lesson 51) and NOUN CASE, PART 1 (Lesson 52).
* In Reading, we will learn to summarize and discuss the theme and moral of legends from different cultures. We we are finishing up our Book Studies and watching the corresponding movies.
* In Math, we are identifying PRIME and COMPOSITE numbers(Lesson 55) and comparing FRACTIONS (Lesson 56).
* In Science, we will be going over the Scientific Method project for Quarter 3.
* In Social Studies, students will be given Unit 2 study guide on Monday and the test will be given on Wednesday.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WINTER BREAK WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!
L,A./Writing - Students will be working on a response to literature packet this week and next reading Pandora's Box.
Reading - Students will do a study guide on Tuesday the 11th for elements of a narrative test on Wednesday the 12th. Book studies will be done in the individual 4th grade classrooms on Thursday only this week.
Math - Students will do study guide 9A on Monday and take test on Tuesday for 9B Saxon. Math facts daily and math for today. Lesson 52 and Lesson 53 will cover 3 digit subtraction and word problems with equal groups and one digit division with a remainder.
Science - Students will work on pros/cons flood packet, earth's atmosphere, and begin study guide for Tuesday and Wednesday. Test on Volcanoes and Earthquakes will be on Thursday in the a.m. due to Geography Bee.
Social Studies - The students will take a short quiz this week on the reading from Unit 2 Lesson 4. on Westward Expansion. Students will also have activities after the reading and note taking.
Spirit Day Friday 12/7
Fancy Folder Due Friday 12/7
Field Trip 12/14
Reading Log Due 12/20
Agendas must be signed nightly.
Please check dress code policy for outerwear in the classroom. No hooded clothing is allowed in the classroom.
Spalding - Enter list 15 in spelling notebook and test on list 14. Objectives include word work, noun plurals, possession, past tense action verbs, and suffixes.
Language Arts/Writing – Informative Analysis continued from last week. Grammar objectives include Indirect Objects, The period, and Coordinating Conjunctions.
Reading - Students will continue looking over Narrative Elements, Book study will being in individual classrooms. Miss Magnusen will begin with BFG, Ms. Loreto, Ms. Boehler will be reading Mrs. Frisby, and the Rats of NIHM and Mr. Ho will be reading The Tale of Despereaux.
Math - Objectives will include decimals, percents, double digit multiplication, addition with fractions and word problems with equal groups.
Science - Changes in earth's atmosphere.
Social Studies - Arizona history readings, homework and practice, quiz.